Profile of David G. Ridings, J.D.
David G. Ridings, President: David@RidingsLawGroup.com
President & CEO, Ridings Law Group, P.C.
General Counsel/Tennessee Highway Patrol Retired Officers Association
- B.S. Degree in Criminal Justice Administration
Middle Tennessee State University.
- Masters Degree in Criminal Justice Administration
Middle Tennessee State University
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence
Nashville School of Law
Over Ten Years of Law Enforcement Experience, including the following:
- Former Police Officer Metro Nashville Police Department
- Former Police Officer Murfreesboro Police Department
- Intern with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) on the Governors Task Force on Marijuana Eradication in a joint program with the TBI, ATF, and the ABC.
- Intern with the District Attorney General’s Office, Davidson County, Nashville Tennessee
COURTS OF PRACTICE AND AFFILIATIONS:
- Admitted to Practice in all Tennessee State Courts, and
- United States District Court for the Sixth Circuit (Middle Division).
- Member of the Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (TACDL)
- Member of the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP), and Attorney for various members.
- Attorney and Representative for members of the Southern States Police Benevolent Association, Inc.(SSPBA).
Personal Statement:David is a life-long Tennessee resident, the majority of which has been in the Nashville area. He began his higher education at Middle Tennessee State University in 1983. After receiving a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice Administration, David began his career in Law Enforcement with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation working as an intern in Governor’s Task Force on Marijuana Eradication in 1987. Following that, he began working for the Murfreesboro Police Department in Rutherford County, Tennessee, while continuing his education at Middle Tennessee State University in his quest for a Masters Degree in Criminal Justice Administration.
After two years with the Murfreesboro Police Department, David was hired by lateral transfer to the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department where he served proudly until 1998. During this time, he received his Masters Degree from MTSU, and his Doctorate of Jurisprudence from the Nashville School of Law, graduating in July of 1998. In October 1998, after receiving the bar exam results, David opened a small corporate law office in the heart of Nashville, Tennessee (Ridings Law Group, P.C.).
Over the years, the firm has practiced mostly in the areas of Criminal Defense, Family Law, Business Organization, Employment Law, Contract Law, Credit Remediation, Identity Theft Recovery, and Police Advocacy.
Mr. Ridings also currently serves as General Counsel for Tennessee Highway Patrol Retired Officers Association and has proudly represented the members of the Southern States Police Benevolent Association and the local Fraternal Order of Police as a contract attorney over the years.
More recently, however, Mr. Ridings has narrowed his focus and practices specifically in the criminal defense field. Since he has spent the last 24 years of his professional career on every side of the criminal justice system, he is the obvious choice if you find yourself charged with a crime and in need of an attorney. He has spent his career building relationships and learning a system that will certainly assist you in your defense.
Most importantly, however, David is a devoted husband to his wife Lynda, and they are the proud parents of their five boys. Together they are active members of Cornerstone Church, where they serve on the youth staff and teach the 8th Grade Sunday School class. They currently reside with three of their five sons in Goodlettsville, Tennessee. They have one son who serves proudly as a United States Marine and is serving his first term in Afghanistan, and another son who is a freshman at Lee University in Cleveland, Tennessee.